Essex County Coaching 2019
Digital Nomination Form (Downloadable)
Coaching Dates to be confirmed for 2019
What do we do for our young golfers?
Develop participation and performance across the complete age group range with a specific focus on
- Providing appropriate competitive opportunities
- Developing golfing skills through to a national level of performance
- Growing understanding and respect for the game
- Facilitating a sense of individual and shared achievement from representing successful Essex teams
Our County Coaching programme is designed to reflect the phases of a child's socialisation into the sport of golf. Each phase has distinct coaching and participation goals, as outlined below.
U12 – Participation
Engagement in a fun and exciting activity
- Enjoy an appropriate mix of competition and coaching
- Become engaged by golf, but as part of a wider sports experience
- Learn basic golfing skills, how to set goals and measure progress
- Begin the transition to the more performance focused U13 to U16 groups
U12 – U16 – Development
Learning the skills to achieve success
- Prepare tactically and intelligently
- Possess exceptional short game skills
- Learn how to manage emotions
- Experience increased autonomy and responsibilityover own development
- Be supported in the transition from specialising to high quality investment
U18 – Performance
Delivering a performance when it counts
- Commit to attaining an elite level of performance in golf
- Be motivated by achieving excellence
- Understand how to manage a high intensity of training and competition
- Be able to deal with setbacks, fatigue, injury and time pressures
- Have in place a strong personal support network of coaches, S & C, and of course parents!
If you are interested in supporting Essex golf and would like to discuss how a partnership can benefit both parties please contact County Secretary Nick McEvoy on 01376 500998 or email@example.com.