England Golf offer Affiliated Members complimentary Personal Liability Insurance
Friday 17th May 2019
The Digital Inter County Card for 2022
If you are experiencing issues installing your 2022 Inter County Card, please click this link.
Now 35 counties participating with over 1300 Clubs
Why join any other scheme? Use the menu ''Participating Clubs'' for the up to date listings. Remember - you must call to confirm availability and price.
The Essex Ladies County Golf Association and the Essex Golf Union agreed to unify their County Card schemes in 2006 with the hope the partnership would attract more members. County card holders may play at over 1400 clubs within 35 counties since they joined forces with other neighbouring County Golf Unions in the South East.
At present, 63 clubs affiliated to the Essex Golf Union and Essex Ladies County Golf Association have joined the card scheme offering members discounts. The discount rate may vary from club to club, but normally you are charged the members guest green fee when playing at participating courses. Unlike many 2 for 1 offers, a large number of the clubs participating in this scheme are private member clubs who do not normally allow green fees.
Have you ever looked at your club fixture list and found, for example, the club championship, members guest day or ladies championship are being staged and you can't gain access to your course? Or, due to a recommendation, you would like to play a particular course with up to three of your friends who also hold a county card? The opportunity is now available, for that game.
This scheme not only offers you great value golf, but assists your club and Essex golf. Importantly golfers can only obtain a card if they are an amateur member of an affiliated club, which ensures all card holders are members of clubs with CONGU handicaps, therefore aware of the rules and etiquette of the game.
Your club benefits as the visitors are bona fide members of like-minded clubs and will take greater care of your facilities. Should your club wish to join the scheme contact the Essex Golf Union Secretary Nick McEvoy. A full list of participating clubs can be found on the Essex Men’s and Ladies websites, click here - Essex Participating Clubs & http://www.essexladiesgolf.org
- Members wishing to play MUST BOOK 48 hours in advance through the Club Secretary or Club Professional.
- The Club will advise the fee, starting time and the available tee for commencement of play.
- The County Card holder must be able to provide their WHS ID number as required. This is obtainable by contacting your Home Club.
- The club reserves the right to refuse visiting players and/or their guests.
- Members visiting clubs with guests must be responsible for their guests and the guests shall pay the fee requested by the club.
- Members must produce their Card and identification at the appropriate club to the person collecting the green fee.
- The County Card is not transferable, and any member found abusing the Scheme will be refused access to reciprocal clubs and be subject to the Essex Golf Union's disciplinary procedures.
- Fees - Any reduction is by arrangement with the Host Club.
- Booking Terms & Conditions are at the discretion of the club.